Thursday, December 30, 2010

A Willow Sprout.


 A Willow Sprout.
Adaya Marcel.
Every day I walk
upon an asphalt trail.
Yucca and Acacia
frame my movement
with green and purple
and incertitude's circle.
I walk and ruffle the feathers
of a past in repose,
and trip over all of the "supposes".

But Nature always 
pulls me back
into the dimension of now,
Nature manages to show me how
to access a reserve of purpose,
Nature gives me vision beneath the surface 
of burdens related to victim-hood.

For bad or for good,
Nature proceeds to show me
the true power of the fragile being.
The gift this morning was a bump in the road,
a tiny mound rising up from beneath
four inches of heavy black oppressiveness.
From the darkness
of artificial stillness
is born the tender willow sprout.

I can shred it with my fingertips,
yet it makes its way silently
 through layer upon layer of barbs and quips.
I can stomp it with my feet,
yet it can ascend and transcend
all of the torments of the past.

The erogenous Willow
fears no impediment,
it merely searches for the Light.







No comments:

Post a Comment