Sunday, September 25, 2011


Confusion's Child?
Adaya Marcel.


I walk on the beach at 4 in the morning
not heeding the dangerous warning.
This morning they called me darling,
tonight they call me bitch.
This Goddess that was shown to me 
is a fake and a pervaricator,
She does not remember how truth sings.

She swims in a soup of irrationality, 
seasoned with a bizarre itch;
Her heart refuses its feathery wings;
so....today she calls me bitch.

The fogilicious lights which 
come off of the Motel Twelve,
looking back towards the shore
at Wizard's hour, neon illuminations
fill all of my illusions with power.

I belong to no one, but I am Confusion's child.
I...I...I  Am!, I say with abandon.
I AM!  I call it to the ocean,
I scream it at the weird man 
who still stands atop the stairs
...watching, singing, and oh so softly crying for me.

I know who he is more than
I know what woman is.
My heart explodes at the realization
that I feel safer with a man standing in the fog
than I do with friends I love with all of my reliance.
Who are my sisters? What do they request?
Who are my protectors, where is my rest?
Still and all, somehow....I am grateful.
I am, after all, Confusion's Child

No comments:

Post a Comment