Thursday, October 20, 2011

Emptiness. Adaya Marcel.


Emptiness.
Adaya Marcel.

I can't feel anything today.
I look in the mirror and I see emptiness
where a usually light filled woman exists.
Trust ransacked, hope plundered,
friendship squandered
and tossed aside like Love is worthless...
my heart is drained of all its contents.
The remnants of a soul of vision
descended into fragmentary hell, her pieces
lay in a slag heap by the side of the road.
I wonder why we humans are so careless
with all things rare and precious.

As if to slap me out of my swan song
the earth just shook, an earthquake rumbled
and I watched my prized possessions
dance on the shelves above my head;
ten seconds can host a change of heart.
Maybe I am only lost
and confused and scared and naked
-  will I forever be on the journey alone
and will anyone ever really understand what I brought.
I don't know where I belong...except in Love's thought.
I don't know how to trust anymore...
except I know that Love is sacred and that sustains me.
I don't know what Love means to others,
And I don't know how to live in between,
I only know how to love. 
I only know how to Love.
I only know Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment