Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Voting in the Age of Tits and Ass and Snakes in the Grass.
Denise Marcel.
November 01, 2016




I voted today; absentee ballot because I am a stickler for seeing my choices written out on paper....it makes a noise that celebrates a creative act.  I walked over to the ballot box and hand delivered it with pride.  Call me old fashioned, but it is empowering to take a pen and confirm my values in a thick black streak of surety, and it is an honor to vote for the things that are aligned with my soul.

2016 is the most divisive and hateful year!  I have been attacked, verbally abused; called "conspiracy theory nutcase", "everything that is wrong with America", "you must be on heroin", "you are a stupid bitch",  "you live in outer-space", "idiot", "retard", "fucking asshole", and even "cunt"!  Most comments are from Hillary supporters on twitter, and most are women! (O_o) 

So...somewhere in this idiocy I realized with crystal clarity that there are two women running for President.  The one every one knows and doesn't really like but is going to vote for anyway because they are afraid of "Tangerine-Man", and the one who aligns the most with our values who was the long-shot but could win in a landslide if those who were unsatisfied would vote for her.  

I saw a woman march right over to North Dakota and stand with the Water Protectors, I saw a woman who is dedicated to ending wars, and handing sovereignty back to humanity.  I saw a woman who spoke words I would have spoken, and a woman who actually cared about the down-trodden.

I realized that The Divine Feminine Principle gave us a beautiful choice...yes we are ready for a Female leader, but will we choose one who is aligned with war, or one who is dedicated to peace.  We are making a choice for all of HUEmanity, and I want more than anything to be on the right side of HERstory! I want more than anything to be able to say that I voted for peace in 2016.






No comments:

Post a Comment