Sunday, January 9, 2011

Deliver Me To Justice.

Deliver Me To Justice. 
Adaya Marcel.
 Walking in early ambrosia light
I was shocked to see a kite,
dead....lying alone 
at the bottom of the ravine. 
Lonely and disheveled in death.
Incoherently and thoughtlessly
dishonored during her last breath
She was lying in the dust, like debris,
with vacant but surprised skyward eyes.
No longer the messenger except to me, 
she pleaded, "I beg of you, 
take me from this place.
  Deliver me to justice,
give my death meaning and grace."

 I climbed below the crest
to retrieved this winged beast.
  Though resting in winter's shadows,
  she was warm and infused with the heat
of transition;  recently diseased...
life force still warmed her.
She soars in fiery victory now;
a higher vibration of holy stratosphere.

  She was perhaps Isis
in search of her lover;
or Danu, Mother of Air 
who felt winter's frigid bite.
With all Her pain transformed to light,
I surrendered to the miracle of discovery.
The morning was windy,
but what care to the owner of the air.
Her body was sung electric
by the power lines that cross the valley
of the City of Sin.  A city that does not care.
A most horrendous way
for a hawk to transverse, unknown,
to the other side of Her destiny.
It broke my heart to see 
her like stilled like this,
But..frighteningly....
suddenly.... I recognized me
and I involuntarily
called out my other names.

"Isis, You will never be
forsaken by the memories
trapped in my pain body,
Danu, I will treasure always Your gift,
Your Scepter of benevolent Sovereignty.
This day I claim that I am
Your humble, grateful, eternal flame".

 Then a strange thing happened...
Isis and Danu sang to me...
They keened, "Take my wings
that you may fly above the norm
and see what others will not see.
Take my feet, that you might walk
in truth and never fear the speaking.
Take my skull, to have the clearest of vision,
that you may always be purity
and a messenger of light
and compassionate dignity."

 She rested limp and warm
in my gentle hands and I cried
a lover's keen..... I screamed.
I felt the nature of sapient transience
in Her beingness, I knew of Her pride
and the power that once resided within Her
now surged through me.

  Embracing Her words, I placed
Her mortal body inside my sweater,
right above my pounding heart
and prepared a sacred ritual of deliverance.
She sacrificed Her earthly existence
to offer me this gift of holy reverence;
I owed Her everything, including clarity,

 Mystery Raptor, rapture of eternity.
Isis, glorious seeker of truth,
finder of missing pieces;
and wholeness and awareness.
Danu, Your Sword of Ice has
melted my illusions
and ruthless self-doubt.
Quite by accident, in finding you
in your hour of need
I recovered my lost grace,
I have been freed
of my fear of dying.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment